Annual Evaluations of Doctoral Students
|Venue:||Submit to GSS|
Dear GSS Graduate Student,
UGS is accepting the 2012-2013 Annual Student Evaluation and Mentoring Plans for PhD and EdD students. UGS is making the announcement early to help faculty and students meet and complete the form before the May 30th deadline.
UGS Deadline: Thursday May 30th, 2013
CAS Deadline: Thursday May 23rd, 2013
GSS Deadline: Thursday May 16th, 2013
Please go to gradschool.fiu.edu to find the most up todate form.
One of the primary goals of the annual evaluation process is to facilitate the engagement of the student, major advisor and committee in the evaluation and mentoring processes; however, for those for students who have not advanced to candidacy and do not have a dissertation committee on file (D1) UGS is accepting forms signed by the major advisor or GPD. All doctoral students at the candidacy stage must coordinate a committee evaluation (signed by all the committee members). In specific cases or programs where a student has not advanced to candidacy at an early stage (by the 3rd year), please consider the potential advantages of conducting a committee evaluation at the pre-candidacy stage.
Please take note of the following:
- At the pre-candidacy stage, the annual evaluation of those students without a dissertation committee on file (D1) may be completed with the advisor and GPD signatures only
- For students advanced to candidacy, the evaluation is to be completed by the student and their entire dissertation committee. Evaluations missing committee signatures will be returned
- Students who have a D5 on file and intend on graduating in the Spring 2013 semester will not be required to submit the Annual Evaluation and Mentoring Plan
- Students who do not submit their evaluations will receive a hold on, or cancellation of, their Fall 2013 registration
- To ensure that the annual evaluation has been received by UGS, you can view your student's "To Do" list through the Student Center in PantherSoft.
This evaluation is due on May 30th, 2013 (to UGS).
|Hard copies must be submitted. Students who do not submit their evaluations will receive a hold on, or cancellation of, their Fall 2013 registration!!|
FIU College of Arts & Science